As a result of the specific collaboration agreement signed by the Confederación Hidrográfica del Duero with the Instituto Tecnológico Agrario y Agroalimentario of the University of Valladolid (ITAGRA), this work has been carried out by the Grupo de Ecohidráulica Aplicada (GEA), Associated to ITAGRA and the University of Valladolid (UVA)
The works included in the agreement were:
- Establishment of a methodology and protocol of field work measurements and controls to determine the degree of passability of weirs and dams of hydroelectrics exploitations.
- Diagnosis of the bodies of water affected by the presence of dams and hydroelectric dams.
- Evaluation of devices that are in operation or that will be operational during the period of validity of the agreement.
- Incorporation of data, procedures and control points to the Operational Control Network, aimed at determining the status of bodies of water that are considered as not meeting their environmental objectives and evaluating changes in the status of said bodies as a result of the programs of measures.
- Diffusion and dissemination of results.
Regarding the points raised in the first three points, you can consult both the methodology and results of these evaluations: Summary of performance evaluation of fish steps associated with hydroelectric plants in the basin of Duero.
With regard to the diffusion and dissemination point, in January 2016, the first edition of the Technical Conference on Measures to Improve Control and Monitoring of Fish Passing Devices in the Duero Basin was held at the PRAE facilities in Valladolid, based on the work done so far (Link to the program of the conference)
A summary of the issues discussed at the conference is available at the following link .